• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CMYK not original...vj1204

steviediff

Hi All,

I have the very common problem of CMYK not original on my 1204 bulk system.
Had the system for years so i've been through changing cards etc.
What would always work is when the power is off, taking out the cartridges, switching the machine on and when prompted inserting all the cartridges at once....if all else failed this would work.....But it no longer works! I've stripped it back and the C card reader is buckled, i've since destroyed it beyond repair.
I've seen previous post where i guy suggests a fix that dosen't involve messing about with cards anymore, it was back in 2009 and he hasn't posted for years, does anyone know about anything along those lines?? I'm considering cutting wires and joining them together, trial and error type idea but maybe thats a step too far !!

FrankW

Have you done a firmware-upgrade on your printer shortly? This could be a problem too, newer firmware versions save serial numbers of cartridge chips and compare them with serial numbers of new ones. So "taking out the cartridges and pulling them back again" won't work anymore.

steviediff

I had somebody unlock the inks through the firmware. It cost me a few quid (Bucks) !!
but to never have that issue again feels amazing, i've spent so much time in the past messing about with CMYK not original etc. Now i have my bulk inks in, no chip cards and my inks are showing 100% full.....great.

yeah, really - share the info! I'm sure many would like to hear it.

Conor Knoxx

interesting.....
wonder if they had some "custom" firmware to install, or actually edited the files...
I've never heard of this before, for this printer.

FatCat

Yeah, I've seen this floating around. My biggest problem was the guy who offered it to me wanted like $200-$300 to unlock it. Not worth that IMHO. :noway:

I've had a few "Not original" card issues creep up from time to time, but I have a 1" stack of cards and if one doesn't work, I just swap in a new one. :wink:

artegon

Have you done a firmware-upgrade on your printer shortly? This could be a problem too, newer firmware versions save serial numbers of cartridge chips and compare them with serial numbers of new ones. So "taking out the cartridges and pulling them back again" won't work anymore.
hello how could i roll back the firmware

Umca

On Mutoh ValueJet is impossible to downgrade the firmware. Any versions. Unlock is a good solution for fix any smart cards problem.