• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CMYK/RGB Code fluorescent yellow, or fluorescent yellow-green

TXFB.INS

We have a mobile mechanic that is wanting to put reflective on his truck for safety.

he would like to use the colors that are on fire trucks.
what is the "closest" CMYK or RGB color code for the red, yellow, fluorescent yellow, or fluorescent yellow-green

I know the fluorescent colors are not going to be an "exact" match.when printed.
the mechanic refused the cost of the true chevron material, so we a needing to print a "close match"

Printing with OEM Roland Eco-Sol CMYKLmLc

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have a mobile mechanic that is wanting to put reflective on his truck for safety.

he would like to use the colors that are on fire trucks.
what is the "closest" CMYK or RGB color code for the red, yellow, fluorescent yellow, or fluorescent yellow-green

I know the fluorescent colors are not going to be an "exact" match.when printed.
the mechanic refused the cost of the true chevron material, so we a needing to print a "close match"

Printing with OEM Roland Eco-Sol CMYKLmLc
Can you order the actual colors in Avery or 3M or does it have to be printed?

unclebun

If he's just wanting to put diagonal stripes on the back, get a roll of 2" wide reflective tape in the color you want and stripe it on. It'll cost way more to print reflective and cut it up.

OPENSignsInc.

I've printed red & yellow-green chevrons for fire trucks before.
I use 20,100,100,20 or 10,100,100,10 for my red and 30,0,80,0 for yellow-green. I print it on one of our mimaki c/jv150 from signlab 10 on a photo-bidirectional (16 passes/inch roughly) profile.
One tip I do too is after I laminated the chevron, I put it on top of 3m ij180c-v3 before install to help with installation & removal later since reflective is such a bear to work with.
20180912_100132.jpg