• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC Carved Sign

GC3

I want to cnc carve this sign for our cabinet shop. The colors of the actual wood sign will probally be different. I just want some feedback on the design.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Gene Crain

Attachments

• pm logo 12.jpg
    pm logo 12.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 115

GC3

That is the name of our corporation here in Mexico :mexico:...Plantas y Maderas SA de CV. "plants and woods"

Thanks for the comments. I have a blank ready to go on the machine just want to get some scathing feedback:design:

signmeup

You mean there are other languages on the planet besides "American"?

I think the sign looks pretty good although I wouldn't stretch "cnc routing services". The colours work for me.
Unless there is some really important reason for it to be there I would also drop the little hanging sign at the bottom.... it looks like an afterthought.

Last edited:

SignManiac

I wish I was able to explain why, but I can't. Something isn't feeling right to me. I'm sure your concept can be made to work, but I can't put my finger on what it is. It seems over worked? And there is something about the proportions that is making my eyes twitch.

Williams Signs

Try moving Plantas even with Maderas. Then in the space between the to words place a small cursive y letting it overlap both words. Make the y a brown like your oval with a tan or white outline.

Billct2

I think it's the 3 horizontal panels at the bottom, two too many. Plus I don't like designing a hanging panel into a sign they always look like an after thought.

Ron Helliar

Gene,
If it's anything like your posts over at SB, it'll look great.
Doing it in one pass or using Joe's Dibond inset panel technique for the letters? Would look great with Gold & Abalone touches also.

WildWestDesigns

Plus I don't like designing a hanging panel into a sign they always look like an after thought.

I actually like a hanging panel and I was thinking about doing that for my first one since I just recently got a CNC as well.

I think the hanging panel can add a nice touch to it, but then again I am weird like that.

signmeup

Hanging panels tend to beat themselves to death too. If you make it part of the main sign it could be nice. You would have 3 panels at he bottom decending in size. Might be sharp!

BTW... what's "SB"?

neato

Now that I look at it with fresh eyes, it does look just a bit unbalanced. The bottom panels are carrying too much weight and the main text is too close to the top.

GC3

Here is the design we have decided on. It will be stained, painted similar to the original concept.

Thanks for looking

Gene Crain

Attachments

• Finished Design.jpg
    Finished Design.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 98