• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC is nice but chainsaws are more fun!

SignManiac

Starting work on this dimensional camp sign. Client wants a rustic look so accuracy and neatness aren't paramount :)

Attachments

• good acres.jpg
    good acres.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Roughing it-2.jpg
    Roughing it-2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 115

SignManiac

LOL Adrian.

Pat, next I will beat it with some chains and hammers, then blast the crap out of it to expose more grain, then stain the wood, then cut out dimensional letters from 1/2" pvc, beat those up some too, paint and attach to the beat to hell plank of wood.

I'm writing a self help book on how to relieve stress by beating up on signs as an alternative to smacking the hell out of dumb customers!

SignManiac

Update

Thought I would show the end result of this one. I'm not doing the install so I'm not sure if I will get any photos of it once it leaves here.

The client wanted a very rustic look and feel. This should look nice in the woods.

Attachments

• Good Acres-02.jpg
    Good Acres-02.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Good Acres-03.jpg
    Good Acres-03.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 114

bjones

Pavillion – An ornamental building, lightly constructed, often used as a pleasure-house or summerhouse in a garden, or attached to a cricket or other sports ground; also a projecting subdivision of some larger building, usually square and often domed, forming an angle feature on the main façade or terminating the wings.

http://www.robertabarresi.com/Architectureglossaryp.html

Try a real dictionary instead of a hand typed website :) No such word as 'pavillion'. I looked in my real printed paper dictionary, dictionary.com and dictionary.app on my mac, none of them found a reference to the word spelled that way.. Pavilion on the other hand immediately hits the same definition every time.

J Hill Designs

Try a real dictionary instead of a hand typed website :) No such word as 'pavillion'. I looked in my real printed paper dictionary, dictionary.com and dictionary.app on my mac, none of them found a reference to the word spelled that way.. Pavilion on the other hand immediately hits the same definition every time.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pavillion

Noun
pavillion (plural pavillions)
Alternative spelling of pavilion. (obsolete, except in the names of theatres, hotels, etc.)

obsolute, but so what?