• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC Router Shopping

JJM7288

We are in the process of evaluating a new CNC router to replace our 14 year old Gerber Sabre 408. We have quotes for AXYZ 4010, Pacer and Multicam 3000, both systems with vacuum table and tool changer.

We really liked the AXYZ Pacer but the price is higher than we budgeted (budgeted for Axyx 4010).

I would like to hear opinions from AXYZ and Multicam owners/operators on their experience.

We are ready to place the order before the end of the month/year.

We will sell the Gerber Sabre 408, a very clean well maintained machine (never cut metal) with cooling mist (never used) and vacuum table.

Thank you for your time.

Jim Mulligan

Saw Trax

I have run a Camtech (now AXYZ I believe), Multicam, and a few different Shopbot CNC tables. Of the first two, I preferred the Multicam. It was very reliable and seemed to be a workhorse. Of all three manufacturers, I preferred the Shopbot the most. Time and again, I found the additional Z cut height of the Shopbot very useful. When I owned a sign shop we were always cutting a wide variety of substrates and material, from dibond, which is nice and flat, to posts and dimensional objects which were much thicker.

The last Shopbot I operated included the vacuum hold down and a tool changer. We would run the table day and night with really no issues. The couple of times I did have need of technical support Shopbot was quick to answer my questions. Plus - their forum has a lot of good info. Of course you have to assemble a good bit of the Shopbot yourself, which I really enjoyed, but once assembled it was a very accurate workhorse.
-Larry

MikePro

been running my MultiCam 3000 series for almost 15years now and it is still kicking *** and taking names.
absolutely no downtime aside from a few misc fixes due to operator error.
Multicam is really good about tracking service inquiries and over-the-phone assistance. I think we have only required an onsite service tech once in a decade.

rfulford

I have been using Multicam for 13 years with very few issues. In that time I probably have only needed an on-site tech 5 or 6 times.

fixtureman

I also run a Shopbot and it is a workhorse. I have worked for a company that ha 2 Biessies one flat table and one pod and rail and when they needed one offs for signs they would sub it out to me. I now do a lot of their production runs on it

DSC

Multi Cam

We Run a Multi Cam 3000 as well as a Shop Bot.. We bought the Shop bot as a back up and for a one bit machine. .(no tool changer)

I can not say enough about the Multi Cam Machine.. It is such a well made piece of equipment ..

And they have EXCELLENT customer service, at least in our area.

Definitely go for the tool changing carousel option if you can .. Best add on ever..

JJM7288

We purchased the AXYZ Pacer 4010. Last week we visited Multicam and AXYZ in Cincinnati. Both had demonstration machines immediately available for for purchase. Both machines are very nice, in our opinion the AXYZ Pacer cut faster, quiter with superior edge finish. Perhaps our timing is good as both companies offered great deals but AXYZ included about every option available. We will be selling the Gerber Sabre 408, a great machine that served us well. Gerber will allow the new owner to renew the service plan in effect since 2002. We will include one Omega seat with the Sabre.

synergy_jim

I have a 6 year old Multicam 1000 series 5x10 with vision for sale right now. Its been pretty much flawless with the exception of a few wear items over the years that were sorted out quickly and replaced.

PM if you want more info.

JJM7288

Pat,

The 4010 actually has process area of 5'x10'. I have no idea how they came up with the model number! I must say it's a sweet machine. We are eliminating enough secondary prosessing and with automatic tool changeling, estimated ROI 30 months.