• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colex CNC

BCreative

Hi - new here - we have a Colex SharpCut with a 3h Router head - having issues lately with chipping when we cut UV printed Acrylic - anyone have any tips? Different speeds, depths, blades that work for you? Printer is Oce Arizona 318. Inks - IJC 256.

BCreative

Hi - upcut and counterclockwise direction. Haven't tried the spindle rotation - didn't know we could change that - I'll give it a try - thanks!

billsines

If it's a router with a typical collet, you may not be able to reverse. You may not want to because spinning that thing in reverse may cause the collet to thread itself right off, much the same reason a chop saw blade's bolt is reverse thread.

How old is your bit? Do you sharpen or just trash and buy new ones?

BCreative

our bits are in good shape - we trash and buy new ones - the reverse direction tip seemed to help - thanks for that!

Christian @ 2CT Media

No problem, some materials like the bit to spin the opposite way... hard plastics seem to be the one that really likes climb cutting. We use various Onsrud Bits here and our favorite for most plastics is 63-725.