• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

collegiate and professional decal

GFP1923

I have had many customers wanting collegiate and professional decals cut or printed. Mostly for cornhole boards or window decals. I was just wondering if anyone has information on if you can print these decals, and what licensing you have to get to be able to do so.

CreatedDesigns

You need to apply for each college you wish to print most all schools have different pricing and you will need to show them proofs and finished product before they will allow you to use the logos. You will also have to pay a small royalties advancement.

expect to pay 2-5k for each school.

Hope this helps,

It costs alot to be honest.

bagdaddys

Im licensed to do cornhole boards specifically with a handfull of schools. All too familiar with what it takes to get those licenses. $2-$5k per school is a little on the high side but not by much. Just my personal opinion (based on 3 years of being a licensee)....unless you are are doing $8k-$10 in sales per school per year its not worth your time. Lots of quarterly reports and paperwork, insurance, labor code agreements and other paperwork thatnever seems to go away.

If you have any specific questions let me know and i will help if I can. If you dont want to deal with the cornhole thing specifically you can send them my way!!!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep..... for most college ones you will be dealing with Collegiate Licensing Corp. As mentioned, it is not cheap. The paperwork, reporting, and application processes can also be a bear. Also - if it is a school CLC represents, they do go after offenders, viciously. I've talked to a couple of small local shops in the past that got big fines.

knucklehead

I printed some for a guy a couple months ago. He wanted camoflage, and the UGA emblem over the hole. I printed him a generic camo pattern, and got him a licensed UGA decal at walmart, and told him to apply the vinyl, put the decal however you want, then poly over all of it. Seemed to work.