• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Change Issues - Mimaki CJV30-160

GoGoDragon

I need some help guys.

I am having issues with my Mimaki CJV30-160. They are as follows:
1) Black turns different colors depending upon the color printed next to it. For example: black turn slightly green when printed in the middle of a green field, the same goes for blues (black turns blue), pinks (black turns pink). These are slight but clearly noticeable changes.

2) The same goes for other colors. I printed a red dinosaur and depending upon what background color surrounded the dinosaur, the dinosaur changed colors from orange-red to pink-red.

I use RasterLink6 and I do not want to upgrade for technical reasons.

What are your thoughts?

Regards,
Scott

Correct Color

Are you certain?

Not saying it is, but what you're describing could be an optical illusion. Colors around a color can have a great influence on how we see that color.

If you're not certain, just cut swatches out of two colors that look different because of their surrounding colors that should be the same, and then compare the swatches on their own.

If they're the same, problem solved. If not, then you've got some real issues.

Issues I'd be on the phone to Mimaki about just as soon as I did the test.