• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Color consistency

Matthew Splitt

Using the rip software Calder v 10, I am finding it difficult on a month to month basis for keeping color consistent on our vutek gs32lx pro, technicians and support have told me that lot to lot ink can change due to the manufacturing of the uv ink to make it more eco friendly, besides running our gracol test in the morning has anyone found any other options towards a more consistent approach ?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Keep lot samples of the material you are printing on and note the variables, if the white point is changing on you, the color will change too. We have found that the white points change a whole lot more often than anyone would like to admit.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
running our gracol test
Hopefully, you're keeping these test prints day-by-day for comparison to find a trend, if any, and when it happens. Every Monday? Every new ink load? With your machine in particular, pay attention to any resolution line test pattern you can print and examine daily. Alignment is critical.

Probably needless to mention, you need to be absolutely sure that the critical path (work flow) is consistent every time. Lots of variables to contend with.

BALLPARK

Just curious... What inks do you use?

If you use 3rd party inks, did you have this issue before the switch?

Color issues are critical for sure... Do you have any other issues with the GS3200 LX Pro?

Did you buy it new or used?

How long have you had it and would you buy it again?

Thanks for answering what you can... We are looking at a 2015 GS2000 LX PRO UD and would love to know your feelings on your GS3200 series. We have made plenty of money off of our QS2000 series, but it's on it's last leg and we need to be ready for the upgrade in terms of the GS series or if we need to roll the dice again with another brand such as Durst. I've heard so many great things about the two of them over the years that is our preferred brands to trust for our growth.

BALLPARK

Also we have Caldera V10...

We have had so many bad issues lately with losing connections to shared folders. We had good success with them for a couple of years, but this past year or two has been less than desirable. It's been a pain and will not be thrilled about upgrading when we purchase the GS series.

I heard the new version works on windows and I would like to switch to see if that helps with our issues. But I will not upgrade to it until we know which flatbed we are adding for sure.

BALLPARK

This key word points to a network issue and not a Caldera issue.

That is certainly possible. We will know this week when we replace our network router/hub and see if that can fix the issues.

We have to reboot the Linux most mornings now to get Caldera to work properly. When we click the file manager icon to open new files, it will look up and show part of the box and normally a reboot will fix that issue. Then it will be connected to the Windows artwork driven folders and the Vutek processing cpu. Then out of the blue it will give us access denied and sometimes during an upload to the Vutek and sometimes when I try to print on the HP latex printer it will not rip the file. We thought that issue could be the network. We had Caldera use team viewer to trouble shoot it. The tech said it was old tech as in the Vutek and our Linux that we had built about 3-4 years ago for Caldera V10. When he stopped working on it we had no access to the Vutek CPU or Access to the Windows for the artwork. They suggested to purchase the upgrade. I almost did it, but the last time they said we needed an upgrade to run our HP 365 as it was not on the driver list for v10, we found a way to use the 360 driver for the 365 without paying them. So, I don't trust them on that aspect when they say just pay us more and it will fix the issue.

While one of the issues could very well be tied to the network, I don't think our network issues could result in downtime on the actual software buttons of Caldera when we try to select them. I think that is more of Linux and Caldera having issues. That is why I'm hoping the new Caldera does in fact work well with windows.