• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color correction? Yes or No on a HP 315 printer

depps74

I have noticed that Flexi has a "color correction" box you can check in the production manager. When I check it, it totally changes the colors. With photographs for the better, with any graphics though the colors are way off and generally match the screen, but not their Pantone or correct colors. When do NOT check this box it makes photos really dark (as if an additional black filter was put on) it also goes to a search window to look for printer profiles on my PC, rather than showing me what is pre-loaded in my machine. When I check the box I get all the profiles I have loaded in my HP.

My question is: What does this feature do exactly and should I be using it?
Also: Why does it not access the correct profiles and would this effect why these options make different prints.

FrankW

You mean the Popup-Menu with the options „colour correction“, „no color correction“ and linearization only“?

Only if set to „colour correction“, the ICC-profile will be applied. But this will not be an easy way to colour accuracy. The highest level of colour accuracy can only achieved if creating own profiles for every specific media and print mode directly on your printer. But even then the colour accuracy depends on colour management settings, gamut and more. Its not easy to explain that in a forum post.

At least it is important to know how you compare the colours. olours could look identically under pne light source, but different under others: check key word „metamerism“ on the internet.