• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color filling routed HDPE / Starboard / Colorcore

omgsideburns

What are people using the color-fill carved HDPE? I was always under the impression nothing really stuck to HDPE but I've seen it in a few places now.

HDPE / King Colorcore / Starboard / etc....

Thanks in advance.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Would like to sell more of it since i have half a gr/wh/gr sheet sitting here...

But we've had good success with Oracal 3651/210G lam sticking to it. Had to do one with a printed logo and logo is still there a year later.

artbot

i would strongly advise any one doing a large section of color fill resin into an HPDE cavity to keyhole a path within that cavity. HPDE is a long chain/non stick plastic. resins can shrink over time (years) and what is stuck today can be popping itself loose later. the keyhole will give the resin and undercut mechanical attachment. otherwise you are stuck with an extremely unreliable bond.

http://assets.rockler.com/media/cat...3525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/4/5/45180-01-1000.jpg