• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color fluctuation - L 560

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Here we go again...inconsistent colors again. Bottom print printed this morning. Top one just a while ago. SAME profile. SAME roll of material. SAME FILE. The blues are more different in person than this photo even depicts. WTF??

Attachments

• colors.jpg
    colors.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 171

Reveal1

Just curious - are these laminated prints, if so, using same roll of laminate? We've noticed some laminates add a Y tint and sometimes have to adjust Y levels to compensate.

eahicks

Just curious - are these laminated prints, if so, using same roll of laminate? We've noticed some laminates add a Y tint and sometimes have to adjust Y levels to compensate.
Same lam. Nothing changed but the time of day. Just ran another and it's off.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
Sorry, but didn't you just say the historically poor latex reds were all due to profiling, the other day? Going with your take in that thread, you need to do some profiling, but
in reality you are dealing with HP/Phisher Price Latex.

Check the ml count on your heads and replace them if they are over 3000ml, I have gotten over a year on these shit HP heads I put up with and they seems to be getting better(the more you print, the longer they seems to last), but noticed a decline from the the regular "grain train" prints a few weeks ago only to see my heads were at 4-6k mls on average and just replaced them all. I don't believe I have every had a set of HP heads last this long as I have on the 831 set, going back to the 5000 series and switching inksets between aqueous and pigmented back in 2003.

jimmmi

Here we go again...inconsistent colors again. Bottom print printed this morning. Top one just a while ago. SAME profile. SAME roll of material. SAME FILE. The blues are more different in person than this photo even depicts. WTF??
Did you calibrate you profile lately?

jimmmi

Did you calibrate you profile lately?

Jimmi is correct. Check the status of the color calibration for the media.

Run a new Color Calibration from the front panel of the printer. With the media loaded, tap > Media > Calibrate. Procedure does not need an external measurement device, uses a few linear inches of media, and takes about 12 minutes of machine time to complete.

eahicks

I keep up with color calibrations, that's not it. I don't know what was going on. Came in this morning, ran this print again first thing. Printed perfectly, matches the first ones. Nothing changed as far as material, profile, inks, anything, during any of these prints. SAME ripped file sitting in PM. Makes no sense.

eahicks

Sorry, but didn't you just say the historically poor latex reds were all due to profiling, the other day? Going with your take in that thread, you need to do some profiling, but
in reality you are dealing with HP/Phisher Price Latex.

Check the ml count on your heads and replace them if they are over 3000ml, I have gotten over a year on these **** HP heads I put up with and they seems to be getting better(the more you print, the longer they seems to last), but noticed a decline from the the regular "grain train" prints a few weeks ago only to see my heads were at 4-6k mls on average and just replaced them all. I don't believe I have every had a set of HP heads last this long as I have on the 831 set, going back to the 5000 series and switching inksets between aqueous and pigmented back in 2003.

This has nothing to do with reds....? How are you relating getting a good red to my problem of reprinting the same file and getting a color shift in a blue?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Does the humidity in your shop change from am to pm?

Latex being water-based is highly susceptible to humidity changes even with the curing door closed.

Reveal1

Christian may be on to something. We occasionally notice a slight difference in the AM with first few feet of material. Temp or humidity best we can figure, because everything after just fine. We keep a humidistat (is that the correct term?) at the printer. Or, maybe your operator thinks everything was the same. For example, every once in a while we mistakenly select the wrong profile in RIP for same media e.g. print 'A' 10 pass and print 'B' 6-pass. Easy to check print logs for that. Big shifts almost always disposable HP ph related. If you are not proactively replacing than asking for trouble.