• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color is different on 2 HP latex printers

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed that I print the exact same file with exact same specs using a specific pantone colour and i get 2 different results from both latex printers. HP 110 Latex and HP 260 Latex printers.

Also, neither one of them match the exact pantone swatch.

Any ideas? any help?

Thanks in advance!

FrankW

If using different machines (even 2th and 3rd Generation Latex Printers as you do) different ink types and - shurely - different standard printing profiles, colour differences are the logical result. Even with printers of the same type, due to several reasons an exact colour match out of the box is improbable.

To maximize colour accuracy on printers, you need to get in touch with colour management, buying a spectrophotometer and calibrate every printer/medium/ink combination ... but with that you will not get absolute accuracy, even the maximum possible.

TravinFlavin

Just what FrankW said. However, if you're just trying to match one color you can use Flexi color matching to get the exact color you want out of each printer for a specified spot color like a Pantone. If you're a Flexi user. I dunno about other RIP software.

papabud

Lone Wolf
color management has so many different variables.
even the same computer using illustrator will give you different results depending on the pages color space.