• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color is off

jru8000

is there a way for me to export a file from flexi that my roland VP300 will print correctly. i currently export what i have created in flexi as an eps then open it in versaworks to print and cut... but the color is not popping out. if i print from photshop[ it nice and vibrant????? i have tried turning off "use color management any help....

Velocity

I have seen a big difference in some of the colors when printing from flexi vs versaworks. I have stuck with flexi so I could keep my colors consistant as I havent had time to do a lot of color testing. Flexi seems to print closer to what photoshop is presenting from what I can tell.
I will be interested to see what information other members might post to this question.

noregrets

I had similar trouble with my SP300 and ColorRip. I basically ended up using an Eye One to profile my different media and now I print directly out of illustrator, getting perfect colour everytime.

If you dont have a spectrophotometer you could try to download the media's profile (most have them) and then use that as your output profile

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What you get depends on a lot of different things. What profile, if any, your using for you monitor. What profile, if any, you're using on export. How you're you looking at the colors in Flexi, Soft Proof or not. What rendering intents you have set up. Whether you're dealing in RGB or CMYK. And a host of other stuff.

All of these thing so some degree or another have effect on your output. There is no formula, no step by step instructions, just experience and knowledge of digital color. The more of each of these you have, the better off you'll be. Probably not what you wanted to hear.