• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color issue ...what could it be?!!!

ScottyAdams

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue and I can't figure out what it could be. Maybe you can help. Anyways I printed to some awesome perf that I got from Big Fish (props on the perf and price). I used the roland color chart with a spot color for the background color. Same spot color for each section, same profile, and also printed one... sheet cut... then printed the next. I couldnt notice any color variation when viewing the prints in door with backing paper on. However, once I got the stuff up on the window there is a noticeable difference in the background color. The flower looks awesome with no color variations between the two seperate prints... Only difference in the background aqua color. any ideas on what could have caused this?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 125

Cmiller01

Printer
I would do a test draw on your print heads, perhaps you are missing a few nozzles of cyan that would cause a color shift on the aqua and not the yellow flower....

genericname

There is definitely a shift in the flower as well. Most noticeable in the bottom section of it.

The issue depends on what was printed first. Left panel? Contaminates in the line maybe. Right? Nozzles missing or exhausted dampers would be my guess.

Cmiller01

Printer
Yeah I see a shift yellow now that you mention it. I am leaning towards nozzles, I have had this issue before with printing wallpaper panels and it turned out to be a few clogged nozzles....dampers are a good guess too though, I have had one of those go on me a time or two....

MichaelAlmand

You know what I did a trailer seamless trailer a month ago and the same thing happend. I haven't had this before and I am wondering if it has something to do with the versaworks update. I clean heads before every job. test print was fine as well.