• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color issues L370

michsanford

Hey everyone..
I am having major color issues with my L370.

It is current on calibration. I printed one of these early this AM, and the other just now.
The files are ripped exactly the same, using the same profiles, but I get this color difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 223

dypinc

In your RIP, check the output values of both files. That would the first place to look.

If they are that same then it would be time to look at hardware settings etc.

dypinc

So are you saying one of the prints are correct, you don't know which one?

What I am asking though is the output CMYK values that are sent to the printer exactly the same. What RIP? It should have a color replacement dialog that you can view the output values.

michsanford

So are you saying one of the prints are correct, you don't know which one?

What I am asking though is the output CMYK values that are sent to the printer exactly the same. What RIP? It should have a color replacement dialog that you can view the output values.
Yes, one is correct.
I am using Onyx 11. If I look in the RIP, the colors are correct, just printing wrong

dypinc

If the output values are the same then we know it is not the RIP.

A couple things that to look at are, how old are the printheads especially the lc/lm head?
Do nozzle checks look good?
Do you have long run consistancy turned on, or are using the for tiling preset?
How often do you calibrate?
How many passes? Slowing the printer down will allow the printheads to print more consistence.

michsanford

If the output values are the same then we know it is not the RIP.

A couple things that to look at are, how old are the printheads especially the lc/lm head?
Do nozzle checks look good?
Do you have long run consistancy turned on, or are using the for tiling preset?
How often do you calibrate?
How many passes? Slowing the printer down will allow the printheads to print more consistence.

I just got off the phone with HP. A few of the printheads have a good bit of life on them, so I will replace those.
He had me update my firmware, with the new tiling preset. I am running tests now on that.
I had just calibrated before this print. This print is 8p.

dypinc

At 8pass I think most of us have found if you are printing in CMYKcm mode and printing something that would use a lot of light inks that the one lc/lm printhead would struggle to keep up. Ink starvation and not enough nozzle redundancy if you were getting any clogged nozzles, caused a lot of color consistency issues.

As a general rule I only use CMYK mode at 8pass or lower.

michsanford

At 8pass I think most of us have found if you are printing in CMYKcm mode and printing something that would use a lot of light inks that the one lc/lm printhead would struggle to keep up. Ink starvation and not enough nozzle redundancy if you were getting any clogged nozzles, caused a lot of color consistency issues.

As a general rule I only use CMYK mode at 8pass or lower.
Thank you!!!