• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Color issues with old HP L25500 and Onyx 10

ple

I am having trouble with color and tried to recalibrate in Onyx 10 for my HP L25500. In the linerization table, it shows the yellow does not follow the other colors in a curve. It shows a message " There are places where the output curve is horizontal. One or more curves posterizes in the high end." I am not tech savvy at all, but I have tried to find information on how to fix this but cannot find the info in Onyx or HP. I have all new printheads installed, cleaned and realigned. I have run the recalibration a few times and viewed the Desired Targets graph and Swatch Measurements and Linerization Table, but it doesn't tell me how to correct the issues with the yellow. Colors are printing really bad.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to do the corrections? Thank you

Bly

I've had that issue on a couple of my 25500s linearisations.
It's not a deal breaker.
If you're sure you're using the correct profiles etc I'd start again and make a new profile.

spooledUP7

I would locate the original profile and replace your current one with it. It sounds like the profile was tweaked and if that' the only issue then just start with a fresh copy. Generally speaking you shouldn't need to run any additional calibrations with a profile unless you are using the profile outside of its intended use, and or need a 99.99% accurate profile to media color output.

A word of advice for profile use in general print output, use the HP profiles such as HP Permanent Gloss Adhesive Vinyl. I have found these profiles to be best out of the box.