Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Color issues with old HP L25500 and Onyx 10

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by ple, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ple

ple New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    USA
    I am having trouble with color and tried to recalibrate in Onyx 10 for my HP L25500. In the linerization table, it shows the yellow does not follow the other colors in a curve. It shows a message " There are places where the output curve is horizontal. One or more curves posterizes in the high end." I am not tech savvy at all, but I have tried to find information on how to fix this but cannot find the info in Onyx or HP. I have all new printheads installed, cleaned and realigned. I have run the recalibration a few times and viewed the Desired Targets graph and Swatch Measurements and Linerization Table, but it doesn't tell me how to correct the issues with the yellow. Colors are printing really bad.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to do the corrections? Thank you

Tags:
  2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    What spectro are you using? It could be a problem with the measuring instrument.

3. Pauly

Pauly Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    screenshot the graphs. i'd like to see.

4. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    I've had that issue on a couple of my 25500s linearisations.
    It's not a deal breaker.
    If you're sure you're using the correct profiles etc I'd start again and make a new profile.

5. ple

ple New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    USA
    I am using the on board spectrophotometer (sp?) that came in the HP L25500