• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Issues

jgolo

I get PDF files from this customer all the time and lately there have been colors coming out wrong. Today the PDF looks Burgandy by itself and when I open it in Flexi it looks brown (it also prints brown from my saved eps file) the pdf prints fine, here is what I do,

I get the PDF file and open it up in Flexi to size it and add a cut border (if I am printing a banner) then export as an eps to that customer file and then open it up in Wasatch to print.

The customer has switched software and I emailed them and asked what color profiles they use, here is what I just got,

"In the preferences for the .pdf document:
North American General Purpose
CMYK = U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2
Conversion engine is Adobe(ACE)
In Coreldraw I’m using the Pantone matching system for Corel 8
(the colors have a cv after them.) so the color of the Libby Bortz would be PMS 201cv
I hope this helps".

I would just print from the pdf, but I do need to resize and or add things.

Thanks for any help

Steph_Stamm

Hey John - what version of Flexi are you using? If you've upgraded to Flexi 10 you can open a linked version of the PDF so that Flexi doesn't not alter the colors. You can still add a cut border, too. Hope that helps answer your question.

jgolo

I'm on 8 pro, any way of making it not alter colors on a newer version of 8?

Thanks for the reply.

Jman1974

I am having these color issues with pdf's now even using the link feature. At first this link feature worked great, but now I am finding more and more color "changes".