• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Problems

steeltech

I own a Mimaki JV3 160 SP, I run it with FlexiSign Pro V.10.5. My prints are printing extremely dark and Im looking for tips on how to calibrate/adjust and produce a print that is similar to what im seeing on my screen, and keep it printing that way. I chose a sample pic of varied pastel colored flowers and my print is just super dark. Even when printing a two tone logo with black and cyan; im looking for a lighter blue tone and its popping out dark royal blue. I used to print from an identical model but that machine was set in every way possible to include material and color profiles. I know nothing of how to set these up myself. Any suggestions? Flexisign states that its software comes with all the needed color profiles. So what do I do to make use of the program and get the best results here?

Thank You!

Chris

4R Graphics

Welcome to the world of printing.
To do what you want you need to build custom profiles for your machine if you want complete control.
Flexi if you have the pro version has the ability to make profiles but you are going to need to buy a photospectromeder (spelling) you need a i1 made by xrite it will set you back $700 plus depending on where you get it. you only need the basic model since you have flexi.

I ran flexi back in 8.6 version and yes the can profiles(the ones that come with it or you download) always printed way to dark and layed down way to much ink.

You can go into flexi and adjust the linierization to help but unless you buy the i1 you will never be able to get what you see to print.

The i1 will also allow you to profile your monitor.

Good luck

Oh yah you have to make a profile for every materila you use and it takes close to 30 feet or more to build a profile and lots of time.

You need to search about profiling here on the forum you will learn alot and also check youtube you will see whats involved it very time consuming but worth the time and cost if you can do it.

steeltech

Yeah the Tech at SAI said the same thing about the photospectrometer being needed if I want to utilize the software's ability to create my own profiles. I realize I may not be able to get a spot on match, but I did go the right direction and was pleased with the results of the profiles. Thanks a bunch.

Chris

4R Graphics

Glad I could help The linerization is a big deal especially in Flexi like I said flexi always puts down to much ink out of the box.