• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color seperations in Corel Draw?

SignManiac

Can I prints separations from Corel draw for screen printing? This is the artwork that we want to screen print on shirts using a six color manual screen printer?

Thanks for any tips. The design is going on yellow shirts.

Attachments

• monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 178

J Hill Designs

I think you can do sep's to pdf in the pdf options? Ill look-

edit: not there, but in the print dialogue, in color tab, there is composite vs separations. not sure how it handles spot colors.

edit2: when spot colors are used in the design, they show up on the separations tab. seems to work well.

SignManiac

Thanks so far. I'm digging into this as I type. This is new to us and I have a basic knowledge of the process but no real hands on experience. We did great running a two color spot job but I know we will be doing a lot of process color as well.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I use AccuRIP, outputing to Epson 4880's through Corel everyday. I have been through a few RIPs and AccuRip is one of my favorites (good balance between halftone generation and ease of use).

Look at Separation Studio for process and simulated process work.

Mosh

It works right from Corel if you have a real postscript printer. You can do process or spot seperations. You can also control the halftone size, you should use 35 or so for pscreen printing t-shirts.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
It works right from Corel if you have a real postscript printer. You can do process or spot seperations. You can also control the halftone size, you should use 35 or so for pscreen printing t-shirts.

Yeah, but you will need a RIP to output to an inkjet.