• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help color specific banding

Bryce I

I'm Brie
Hey y'all, I've been having issues with a Roland TrueVis VG-540. I keep seeing these nasty banding lines, that will appear exclusively on certain parts of the graphic. Everything in a large logo will look great, but all the green parts will be banded. Sometimes all the grey parts. It doesn't just happen with one color. I'm constantly doing calibration + bi-directional tests and adjustments, and that sort of fixes it sometimes, but other times the banding is there to stay. Sometimes it just goes away and starts printing great the next day but I feel like its getting worse. .We're a small business in a small town, but incredibly busy, and the printer is going all day, every day into the night, and prints on multiple medias every day (Cast vehicle wrap, banner, backlit media, calendared sticker vinyl.and others.) Could this be an issue with the profile(s) we're using? Or something about the environment we're printing in? We're in an uninsulated building and the temp in my workspace is sometimes hot or cold. Those are my more outside the box ideas. Maybe there's just some part of the printer that needs some love. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I'd suggest a manual cleaning, a bi-directional and a FEED calibration, then I would experiment with different profiles, head height, and various print quality settings (speed).

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
I would suggest replacing the printer honestly Roland makes great printers, but there are manufacturing issues in the VG-540 as it uses the Ricoh heads, I think its more related ink starving. the dampers don't have enough ink which further lead to this problem. This was one the reason i was forced out of the VG. But you can try keeping the temperature constant in your sign shop temperature could be one of cause of the issue too.