• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

color washed on mutoh same print file? have to reprint entire truck... help!

DIGITAL DESIGNS

I printed a truck wrap a couple years ago and now doing another and I printed from the same file and the green is now like a chartreuse. Using flexi and a mutoh 1624. Cant figure out what has happeneed??

DIGITAL DESIGNS

I have also test printed a file that was printed more recently and it is washed as well... So something has changed very recently. I know alot can change in 2 years, but it is doing it in recent files as well

Saturn

Aging Member
Are you running Mutoh ink, Enduraink, something else? Has it changed in the last 2 years? If so, you could try re-characterizing your main profile if you have that ability with a scanner and RIP software.

MikePro

pics, or it didn't happen.

test print may yield that your Cyan has some issues.
even though you might not see any banding, if you're running with any% deflected nozzles then your colors will be slightly off.

DIGITAL DESIGNS

Are you running Mutoh ink, Enduraink, something else? Has it changed in the last 2 years? If so, you could try re-characterizing your main profile if you have that ability with a scanner and RIP software.
I am running mutoh inks... Same inks since day 1. I just got off of the phone with Fellers equipment support and he is telling me it is likely the environment (humidity to be exact).... I just dont buy that???

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Colors will change over time due to a couple things such as print head degradation, environment, ink expiry status, vinyl manufacturing inconsistencies, etc. If you want to keep colors consistent over time you need a more involved color correction process. Basically, make and maintain your own custom profiles rather than use pre-made ones.

Post some pictures though as it could also be a printer issue if it's drastic enough.

DIGITAL DESIGNS

Colors will change over time due to a couple things such as print head degradation, environment, ink expiry status, vinyl manufacturing inconsistencies, etc. If you want to keep colors consistent over time you need a more involved color correction process. Basically, make and maintain your own custom profiles rather than use pre-made ones.

Post some pictures though as it could also be a printer issue if it's drastic enough.
I completely understand that things can change over time, but I did just do a reprint panel for a job last week that matched the other panel wonderfully.... It had some of the greens in it as well. I just feel like something has to have changed drastically, like a setting or something, but of course I cant put my finger on it.

DIGITAL DESIGNS

I completely understand that things can change over time, but I did just do a reprint panel for a job last week that matched the other panel wonderfully.... It had some of the greens in it as well. I just feel like something has to have changed drastically, like a setting or something, but of course I cant put my finger on it.

Superior_Adam

I am running mutoh inks... Same inks since day 1. I just got off of the phone with Fellers equipment support and he is telling me it is likely the environment (humidity to be exact).... I just dont buy that???
Environment can change the colors so don't disregard that statement. I have printed stuff on our Mutoh printers and colors have slightly shifted from the day before. We monitor our temp and humidity in the print room and keep it pretty tight and have had much better luck. Your talking about 2 years apart so the print head will be a big factor in that and could be a cause of the error. The ink from 2 years ago could be off some and you tie them all together and this creates color shifts. The heads on the printers do degrade over time. There is also a chance that something like a setting got changed in the profile over the last 2 years.

Evan Gillette

What version flexi? What do you do for color management? Just using "the same" file and even the same printer/ink doesn't mean much, there are many many variables including settings. If you give more details we can probably be more helpful. Just playing around and changing the color settings (such as input profiles/rendering intents) can sometimes yield drastic shifts.