• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color

niksagkram

Hi! I have an out of town customer requesting a large print. Sent us the artwork, so no problem. However, the blue in their logo is Pantone 2383C, and, for some reason, it is not in any of our Pantone books. I found it on-line, but I can't print from that. Do any of you Roland users have a Pantone book with 2383C in it, and if so, would you be able to give me a RVW color match? Close is good. :)

Thanks

Ragnabrok

might be in the pantone library inside versaworks. you can substitute any RVW colour with a pantone inside the file format-double click on the colour, and the bottom of that window there is an advanced, or custom check box, and from there a drop-down menu to change it for a variety of options, Pantone included.

niksagkram

might be in the pantone library inside versaworks. you can substitute any RVW colour with a pantone inside the file format-double click on the colour, and the bottom of that window there is an advanced, or custom check box, and from there a drop-down menu to change it for a variety of options, Pantone included.

Thanks. Tried that and 2383 is not even listed! Wonder if it's a new colour?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
2383c via 30 seconds on Google:

CMYK: 82; 33; 0; 32

sRGB: 32; 116; 174

Hex: #2074AE

niksagkram

So print it and see what it looks like. It's not rocket surgery.

OK, last response to your "help"

I can print it, but then what do I compare it to? The purpose of the "Pantone Matching System" is right in the name. I need to "match" a specific" colour, specified by the customer, who is out of town. The colour I need to "match" or compare to is not in the Pantone books I have, hence this request for assistance from this, mostly, helpful & knowledgeable forum.

Mark

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
OK, last response to your "help"

I can print it, but then what do I compare it to? The purpose of the "Pantone Matching System" is right in the name. I need to "match" a specific" colour, specified by the customer, who is out of town. The colour I need to "match" or compare to is not in the Pantone books I have, hence this request for assistance from this, mostly, helpful & knowledgeable forum.

Mark

Update your Pantone books. It's in all of mine.

niksagkram

Update your Pantone books. It's in all of mine.

Thanks, hopefully I will have a new one tomorrow or Monday. I was just hoping to have something for the customer before then. Oh well, thanks for everybody's input. Have a great week end.

Mark