• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color

WestbankKurt

Ok, I do not know what I did to make this happen but after a soaking to see if I could open up a few blocked lines I have what may be called ink contamination or perhaps there is a more acurate term. I know there is a simple fix but am at a loss at the moment. It is a JV3-160SP. I would greatly appreciate some help.
Thank you

Attachments

• Color Contamination.jpg
    Color Contamination.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 98

J Hill Designs

pull yellow from below captop with syringe - cyan def. got in your yellow line - might clear up by just printing a solid Y block

4R Graphics

yah ink contamination.

but it should not be happening on the JV33 based on the design of the ink system and the dampners.

if you print a little and it does not clear up right away(as it may just be a little INK under the head that caused it) then you may have a vacuum on your yellow side and you will need to fix it. there could be a number of reasons for a vacuum in the ink line. So test it out and let us know so we can give you some ideas to try out.

The old JV3 would cross contaminate alot especially with bulk ink system if you didnt have the ink levels and the height of the ink tanks right but the JV33 was designed to not really do this (not really but it can a little or if there are defected parts).

WestbankKurt

Well after printing blocks of yellow it finally cleared up and my JV3-160SP is back to normal! Thank you for advice and knowledge!

4R Graphics

Not sure how i missed that it was a JV3 not a JV33.

if you are using a bulk ink system this could be some of the problem.

I say this as I had a JV3 that was bulk inked and my cyan would always bleed into the yellow if I did a nozzle soak. if I did it over night sometimes it would bleed all 3 heads (6 color machine) I believe that most of the problem came from the bulk ink system being a little low in height which did not create the proper pressure on the dampners. If I pulled ink with a syrienge when you removed the syrienge the dampner would stay closed for a while which means there is a vacuum and thus when soaking I believe it would suck up some cyan.

I replaced caps, dampners, heads, and pumps on that machine (not for this reason) and it never did stop only thing I think it could have been was the bulk ink system.

Have a JV33 now and love it.