Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado 1650 Single sheet

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by Zeke Ford, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Zeke Ford

Zeke Ford Manager of Wide Format Production

Jan 5, 2018
    Sandusky Ohio
    We just purchased a Colorado 1650 printer. I was just wondering if anyone that owns one has ever printed a single sheet of vinyl that is not on the roll. If so, how do you do it? We do this all of the time on our Mutoh 1624x and were just curious if it is able to be done on this machine as well. Any advice would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Unfortunately you can't do it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Not possible as mentioned by Grizzly

• Like Like x 1
  4. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yeah not something you can do, everything needs to be attached to a roll in the drawer.

bonus of this is that you stop keeping all the dumb scrap bits you *might* be able to print on but never do lol

as much as a good few members would need this, I’ve found the media I save from being able to print on the first 5 mm of any roll pretty much makes up for the scrap bits I can’t put back in

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. Zeke Ford

Zeke Ford Manager of Wide Format Production

Jan 5, 2018
    Sandusky Ohio
    Thank you all for the responses! iPrintStuffiPrintStuff I didn't think about it like that lol. You're right. We have a ton of scrapes that we "might use". Lately I've just been throwing those little scrap bits away.