• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorcamm PC-50 question

mtbsam

Ok, I am still new to all this vinyl cutter stuff but I've been reading around in the forum here (which is very informative by the way, thanks) and I have found a lot of unfavorable opinions of the Roland Colorcamm PC-50. However, most of them complain about the print features and I am only looking for a cutter. So my question is about the quality of this machine as a CUTTER ONLY! What do you guys think? Thanks a bunch.

mtbsam

Wow, 3 minutes!?! The reply time around here is amazing! Thanks for the info. I plan to do this as a hobbyist with a possibility of making a few bucks here and there. If the quality and reliability were good enough, I could deal with slow speeds.

Robert M

Roland

What are you going to pay for it? prices on vinyl cutter has come way down and with a new unit you get a warranty and compatable software

mtbsam

Well, it looks like I could get it for as cheap at $350-400. But again, I don't know if that's a good deal. I was hoping it was servo but I've been reading up and it appears to be a stepper machine....which makes me think a new stepper machine would cost the same. I apologize for not having all my research done but some of these machines sell SO FAST!

wes70

I bought a pc 50 back in '97. I believe I paid close to $7000.00 for it! Anyways, I had it for 8 years and it was a very dependable machine. I didn't do a lot of printing because of ribbon costs, but the cutter worked fine, albeit very slow...especially compared to my Summa.
I would buy it for $350.00 before I would buy a chinese machine..but that's me.

Mosh

I had (still have in storage) a PNC-5000. After the carts became hard to get I tryed using it as a plotter. Did I mention it is in storage now. A good 30" plotter is only $3K, get a new one, lots of people's rims on thier cars cost more than that. $3K should be easy to get a loan for if you don't have the cash on hand.