• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colorcamm pc-600

floater302

Im having trouble with some colors printing correctly, so im thinking i need the icc profile and cannot find any, does anyone know where i can download these?

thewvsignguy

What rip are you using?

Because the PC-600 is a thermal resin printer the printer does not have "ink limits" so a icc profile will do you no good.

You need to look at the software that came with the printer or the rendering intents. Use the Roland spot colors as much a possible for solid colors, if your mixing colors in the CMYK mode the printer prints dots in a pattern to try to "make" the colors on your screen.

It's been a few years since printing with a PC-60, I used Flexi for a RIP I don't remember much more then that. You should post a picture too so everyone can see and possibly add other comments or suggestions.

floater302

heres the pictures

Attachments

• z71 1.jpg
    z71 1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 253
  • z71 2.jpg
    z71 2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 203

Sign Works

I'll share with you what I use for optimal output on my PC-600. First off forget all that "print everything in spot color" stuff, I get my best results printing CMY process for most colors. The only time I prefer to print spot color is when I'm just printing black. Next important thing is I only use Roland ribbons, everything else is crap.

I run my PC-600 on Flexi Pro 6.6, I tried everthing else and found that Flexi gives you much more control over your output. In Flexi's Production Manager you'll want to change the Rendering Intent default setting to Spot Color for Vector Graphics and Relative Colormeteric for Bitmap Images. I found I got better print results from Roland's output profiles than the profiles in Flexi, can't seem to find them on Roland's site even though I know they are there somewhere. I've got them and I'll e-mail them to you. You don't really ever need to print at 1200 DPI, 600 DPI is fine for most everything. I also suggest you design your artwork in CMYK, I use a CMYK color palette downloaded from Trumatch, it has 50 basic colors which you can print out a vinyl color sample and design from that, adjust any colors as needed. I have that loaded into a Flexi swatch table which I can also send you, it also contains the Roland spot color swatches from Flexi's color library (see attached sample), just put it in your swatch folder and then load it. That should get you going, shoot me your e-mail address in a PM so I can send the files.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 242

Tdurst79

Need iic help too please

I just purchase a Roland ColorCamm but the color choice cd is damaged and I can't access it.
I notice Sign Works has Profiles, Color Charts & Swatch Tables for Roland Pc_600 and flexisign. Could you please email them to me. I have it printing but looks horrible with Default ICC. FLexisigns icc for the roland lookslooks better but has banding and all the resins will make a big streak from time time- Does it do this because I change to it Print Mode 2? Does anyone know picture sharper?