• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ColorChoice Crashes

deegrafix

I'm running a CJ 500 with ColorChoice 4.5. Just bought a brand new Lenova CPU with XP Pro. I can print, and print & contour, but when I send a contour only job ColorChoice crashes each and every time. I've done all the usual things such as reload the program, changed everything that could be, and nothing is working. Right now I'm working around it by sending solid white images and choosing cut and contour. Have to wait while the printer goes through the "print" process and it will then cut.

Has anyone had a problem like this? Also, once it has printed a job, it can be sent as contour only and will work as it should.:banghead:

Any advice?

Thanks!

Dee

deegrafix

No, it's not. I spoke with the Roland techs (2) at my suppliers and he (they) was going to ask around and see if he could find an answer. Last week. And the week before. Maybe I could try to call Roland direct.

Thanks!

ChiknNutz

Not sure if they still are, but they were running a special to upgrade ColorChoice to the latest version of Wasatch for like $199 or something ridiculously cheap.

Replicator

Not sure if they still are, but they were running a special to upgrade ColorChoice to the latest version of Wasatch for like $199 or something ridiculously cheap.

Who offered that ?

Wasatch isn't owned and distributed by Roland are they ?

ChiknNutz

Wasatach made ColorChoice for Roland before Roland (or whoever) made VersaWorks....Wasatch offered the deal a coupla months back. They may still honor it, who knows. I was pissed because MY upgrade each time is $500 or $600, which I've done about 3X now since buying version 5.3 Roland-only edition for $2000. ColorChoice was FREE like VW is now. So I've paid about $3500 for what someone with ColorChoice can get for $200.

Replicator

Just spoke to Wasatch . . . They offer NO upgrades from any other manufacturer and/or products but their own . . . !

ChiknNutz

Of course I don't have it now, but I had the email telling all about it. Ask Matt C. about it, too, I spoke to him about it when the deal was on.

deegrafix

My understanding is that the only program that will run the CJ 500 is ColorChoice or "possibly" Flexi. If I could buy the program of my choice it would not be flexi. I'd love to have a better rip for this machine but don't believe there are any other options.

I've managed to work around it for now by sending only white images and choosing "print and contour". It takes several minutes going through the printing of nothing, and then cuts it. Crazy! Thanks for the replies and I'll keep an eye on 101 throughout the day....

Dee, still:banghead: