• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorip?

CMRGRAFIX

I recently purchaseda a SP300 from a member on here. It came with colorip. I bought a new computer at the time to run it with that had windows vista on it. I now cannot get colorip to load work with vista and versaworks will not recognize my printer. Is colorip compatable with windows vista? IF not what can I do? I really dont want to have to go and have my new computer wiped clean and put xp on it.
Would I be better off to just sell the printer and update to a newer printer with versaworks dongle built in?
I guess what frustrates me is I was told the printer was around 2 years old. If its two years old it should have came with versaworks. Correct?

Thanks,
Caleb

Any VersaCAMM printer that was sold after 2005 would have shipped with Versaworks. ColorRIP was an OEM version of Wasatch SoftRIP. The 6.x version of SoftRIP will run fine on Windows Vista.

woolly

colour rip will not work on vista, it has to be a sp300v to work versaworks, you can contact roland who sell a subsidized upgrade of Wasatch ?.
other alternative is to design on the new computer and use the old to drive colourrip.

colourrip 2.2 is a good solid program and on a 300 will do all you want.

woolly

Gene@mpls

Wasatch small format version will drive your 30" printer- cost is about
$600 if I recall- including cut capabilities. Used it on my SP300V for 2.5 years
and loved it.
I have never seen SR2.2 but I have to believe that the new versions (6.x)
are way superior and run on vista. Gene

There is a key available that will convert your SP 300 to a SP 300V (Versaworks). It works great with XP and Vista as well. (VersaWorks is much easier than ColorRip to operate) Good Luck