• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Colorpainter W64S-6c USB protocol error

Daniel Waters

I've recently upgraded my caldera software. But when I try and send a job across for print it gets between 60- 8o% complete when the job shuts down and the message ( USB PROTOCOL ERROR) comes up on the screen . I've tried 3 different rips and all have the same results.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

netsol

have you tried resetting the printer driver config?
https://helpdesk.caldera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018984234-XRite-i1-Pro-2-Usage-and-troubleshooting
the above involves usb communication with an xrite, but it's a good place to start

if plugged into usb3, try on usb2

also in device manager, update all usb ports and devices, right click individually, choose driver, update. windows update will choose a better driver if available

also, as they suggest, are your usb cables good quality?.
decent shielding othe cables, not excessive length?

netsol

i've been thinking, since this last post
they mention tryng a usb 2 port instead of usb 3 & also trying a usb closer to the power supply. obviously they haveca few usb power issues. we had to use a canle like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Fe...611466?hash=item466aa0758a:g:bDsAAOSwCLxdF7JQ

a few times to sidestep similar problems
verizon used these with wwan modems, where power requirement or noise factor under load caused odd problems

just a guess on my part, but an educated one. good luck

Daniel Waters

Thanks for your help with this , I'll try all the different tips and tactics Monday Morning.
I realy appreciate the assistance.
Have a great weekend and thanks again.

netsol

our state is still locked down, so if you want to pm me i can probably assist
i just spent 3 days sanding, stripping and painting the front door

there is also an odd utility. usb oblivion that will completely wipe all usb devices.
only a good idea if you won't mind reselecting ports for all usb devices,
only you know if this could be a good idea or a disaster