• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors printing lighter than normal

yamaha581

We picked up another HP L26500 today to go with our first one and when we printed the first print everything came out perfect just like on the other one we have. However for the rest it seems like the colors are printing a little lighter now which is weird since between the first print which was perfect and the 2nd it was only about 10 minutes so would anyone know what would cause it to print lighter? The yellow is the most noticeable. The one that says TUF is the first which is the brighter yellow and the other picture is the 2nd which in person is noticeably lighter. All settings are the same so I am not sure what would cause it to do that just within one print.

Attachments

• hp yellow1.png
    hp yellow1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 197
  • hp yellow2.png
    hp yellow2.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 168

papabud

Lone Wolf
well the first questions are, is it the same ripped file. did you make any file changes and re rip it.
are your print heads in good shape.
did you do any color calibrations

unclebun

I'd check to see if the yellows are really the same in the files you sent to the RIP. Better test would be to print the TUF decal.

SBlakey

Large format operator
For wrong colors, my steps would be open the files and see if the pantones are the same. I'd check for transparency issues next. This can all be done in acrobat with Quite Imposing. If you check the colors in the file using the ink tool, it will tell you if they are exactly the same.