• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colorspan 72UVR cyan heads out of spec

KaranGrewal

cyan print heads on colorspan 72UVR are out of spec. I have done print head allignment, bi directional allignment, media feed. other three print heads are fine. called HP they simply told that , hp dont support this printer anymore. please help.

wunder

I have Brandnew GEN3-E1 Heads and refurbished Heads you like PM me.

best regards
wunder

wunder

Go to the Service Menue......
Devicetest - POD-TEST give the Code 1111101001101110 go the Main-Menue into the New Menue Production.....resett the part from Cayn and all fine...I hope ;-) test it

best regards
wunder

Mspec

if you are seeing 100% jetting, but you are still failing autojet calibration you probably need to clean your image sensor lens. I would reccommend powering the unit down, and removing the camera to clean it. You can used swabs with isopropyl alcohol, and an air gun to remove the ink and dust deposits.

There are two sensors on the board, you only need to worry about the one with the visible lens. Clean the lens itself as well as the surrounding LED's.

When you do this, make sure to be mindful of the cable connections. If you reverse the cable connectors you will cost yourself a lot of money by burning out your camera board and or your headboard.

omgsideburns

Here..

If they look like the lines on the left, all the calibrations in the world won't put that head in spec.. it needs some love or a replacement.

If they look nice and clean like the lines on the right, but the automatic calibrations aren't getting it close enough you need to do a manual H2H calibration. Not sure if the book describes this or not, but a replacement head comes with the documentation for it.

EDIT: Note that each color has FOUR print heads. If it's one color only that is out spec, you may check the camera like someone suggested above. And check the H2H cals, you can print a test strip for these.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 103

Hzone15

Call a HP/ColorSpan dealer. Access Imaging in CA was very involved in ColorSpan and will have tech's to assist.