• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Combine temperature levels in print settings GsPlot..possible?

ego198

Hello, this is Pablo from Spain, first sorry for my english.... im novel user of Gerber Edge LE, im very happy with it but i have one question..im working with a file with 3 foils, two of them are gerber foils (regular colours) youre advised to heat normal temeprature--> inside settings 123print options in Gsplot.

Now the 3rd foil is from Duracoat,( UV Guard), and youre advised to print in light temeprature by manufacturer, not normal cause normal temp may break the foil i guess...how do you tell the Gerber printer to print foil 1 & 2 in normal temp and foil 3 in light temp? Is that option possible? If it is where it is that option? i cant find it.

If it is not possible how do you work with this? is not possible to combine gerber and duracoat in 1 pass/1 file? which way?

Thanks in advance.

Marlene

On the plot page, you can right click on the foil and a drop down menu has a heat option. I don't see any options for low as it has hot, normal and combinations of those.

ego198

Thank you!

Ok ive checked where you tell and i also have that heat option..yes

For color 1 & and 2 only hot available for UVGuard from duracoat appears as--> Abrasion Guard GCF 114 only normal available..not light..

To select light i have to go to settings but i guess you select light for all 3 foils and i just want it for the 3rd one

nWsAzEQ.jpg

How do you usually solve this issue?

Last edited:

Marlene

I'm not sure if that option is for heat. In the explanation, I am not seeing anything about heat, only how dense the color is. It would make sense that light would have less heat needed but I'd try it to make sure. Good luck. Fred knows a lot about Gerber so maybe he will see this and will help.

Attachments

• darkness setting.jpg
    darkness setting.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 135

ego198

Thanks.
yes i know Fred, he helped in my first post here months ago. hope he can help me.

yes, ok i did not explained correctly, i meant Duracoat manufacturer says in the cart instructions that you should check the light option in the image i attached....maybe is not temperature is the darkness as you exlained is correct...my fault.

Marlene

Thanks.
yes i know Fred, he helped in my first post here months ago. hope he can help me.

yes, ok i did not explained correctly, i meant Duracoat manufacturer says in the cart instructions that you should check the light option in the image i attached....maybe is not temperature is the darkness as you exlained is correct...my fault.

good as it sounds like that option for light will work for you.

ego198

yes Marlene, but mi intention with this post is to know if its possible to combine light + normal darkness for both gerber and duracoat foils in 1 single job.

Marlene

If you make the duracoat on overprint, on that menu it has an option to make the overprint light.

Marlene

You may need to check the settings so it knows the duracoat is the overprint. I am not sure what or where you would need to do that.

Attachments

• overprint.jpg
    overprint.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 119

ego198

mmmm..im not able to find that option..as u can see Abrasion Guard=(my duracoat) is set to O=Overprint and menu as you can see here...

radPkop.jpg

On the other hand the colours different menu...

bX3tLzk.jpg

mmmm i dont know.... maybe the solution is to set everything to light in settings menu but id like to print colours in normal and Duracoat UV in light....

Alex P

mmmm..im not able to find that option..as u can see Abrasion Guard=(my duracoat) is set to O=Overprint and menu as you can see here...

radPkop.jpg

On the other hand the colours different menu...

bX3tLzk.jpg

mmmm i dont know.... maybe the solution is to set everything to light in settings menu but id like to print colours in normal and Duracoat UV in light....

Alex P

To be quite honest I've never messed with heat settings and I use all foils on the same print job. My main foils are from edge foils but I also use duracoat and sign foils from coding products. Never worry about it at all and just leave it all standard settings for the colour. The only thing I will say is that the Duracoat 92m foils do seem to make more noise when printing like the foil is creasing or sticking to the foil but it's never fail or had coverage problems.