• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Commercial Window Tint

Stacey K

I like making signs
I received a call from the school looking for some window tint in their football press box. I watched a couple YouTube videos on this. It seems a bit more involved than applying vinyl, more time consuming with the cleaning. My gut is telling me to steer away from this because I would never do it on a car...but is a commercial window different?

unclebun

A building window is easier because it's flat. Harder because it's big. Since window tint companies are a dime a dozen, I'd pass.

Stacey K

I like making signs
A building window is easier because it's flat. Harder because it's big. Since window tint companies are a dime a dozen, I'd pass.
OK, I like that answer. I'm booked out 3-4 weeks now with jobs I KNOW I can make money on, it's a good time to pass, thank you!

ikarasu

Real Window tint is paper thin. You can crease it just by moving it. I can wrap a car blindfolded... But it took me three tries to tint the windows and it's "acceptable for my use".

Tinting isnt hard. The learning curve is small... If you can install vinyl, you can learn to do tinting. .. making it look perfect isn't easy on your first job though . It's doable... you'll likely be redoing a few windows as you go, But unless you want to get into window tinting more often... I wouldn't bother. Not worth the headache for a one off!

And whatever you do... Don't buy the Amazon / hardware store crap. I see so many vehicles and store fronts with bubbly windows... Everytime I do I look back at the tint I installed to keep the sun out of my kids eyes... Not a single bubble or show of age and it's been years.