• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Communication problem affecting print image on CET Flatbed

RAP&F

I have an intermittent problem on my CET Flatbed affecting the print image on the Y axis (front to back). Techs have seemed to narrow it down to a communication problem, as it is random and affects only some or all of the colors going out of register. The image also tries repeating itself on most occasions. We've replaced the raster reader, fiber optic cords, and cleaned the raster strip. Because we have separate headboards (one for cyan and black) (magenta and yellow on another) it seems unlikely that both would go bad at the same time. With the problem only happening in the y axis, we've been looking into the possibility of the encoder motor going bad.

I've attached some photos displaying the issue along with some nozzle test images that appear at random.

Anyone experience a similar issue?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 244
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 172
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 159
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 161

Django

Does this happen on certain files only?
The prints that have this issue, are you able to run that file successfully without having to reprocess the file?
As for the nozzle tests you attached, it looks like some of them are printing upside down or was there some testing being done when they were printed?
As for your print files (Hot folder), are they stored on the PC or are they being shared over the network?