• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Composite sign that you can use magnets on as well

echeverrit

Have a customer who needs a 4'x8' composite sign for outdoor conditions (if possible for it's light weight) that will have a map printed on part of it of their plant layout that they want to be able to use printed magnets on top of the map so they can change out traffic route and stockpile sites.

all we can come up with for now is adhering (for outdoor conditions) a combination of products like Wall-Mag + Wall Mag Adhesive + Wall-Mag from Maco (New Life Magnetics) - if this is even the right combination??

Anyone had this request or know of a solution?

We can't secure a piece of steel to the composite 4'x 8' because of weight issues - the size of steel we need for the map would be 36"x 81.5".

thanks for any direction of suggestions!

TSC1985

Denco carries a steel faced ACM clone. Comes in 3mm only and like $95/sheet. We also make out own by gluing 26ga cold roll steel to sintra, about the same price but would rather have it all done, painted, and double sided thru Denco.

v0y4ger

Might be worth picking up a few of those neo magnets off ebay and try a thicker magnetic sheet too

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Paint the 4x8 sheet with magnetic primer then print the map on adhesive vinyl and mount. We do this about once a week with great results. Much cheaper than finding steel too.

I've been in signs for 10 years and I've done one (1) panel like this...
Just outta curiosity what the heck are you doing that you do one a week?

Martin Denton

In the UK you can purchase a ferrous vinyl sheet that you stick to the substrate and which magnets work on just fine. Here is a photo of some we used to make a map on 10mm acrylic

Attachments

• Osram_2.JPG
    Osram_2.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 207