• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer crashed, reinstalled windows 7, flexisign & print 12, summa d75 panels doesn't work now

F80M3

Custom Title
what happens now is ill send a file to cut, it will scan all the reg marks, and start cutting panel 1, then it returns to the start point and just sits there (the summa display reads panel 1)

is this a driver issue for the summa plotter?

or is there a setting in flexicut to make it continue cutting after the 1st panel (even if the machine is showing panels *OFF*)

if I turn off panels on the machine it works fine but takes longer as its going all over the place to cut (its been on from almost day one before the crash it was working)

**However if I do a contour cut, then a flexicut(perf cut) the flex cut fails to continue after panel 1(which panels are already off on the machine)

last time I installed this same flexisign 12 it was almost 4 years ago (icons were green they are purple today) so there seem to have been some minor changes (I notice some other misc settings are diff too)

please help thanks!!

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

last time I installed this same flexisign 12 it was almost 4 years ago (icons were green they are purple today) so there seem to have been some minor changes (I notice some other misc settings are diff too)

please help thanks!!

It could very well be a driver issue. I'm reading the above as if you installed the software from the original disc and then updated it. If so, it could need other things updated in order to handle the updated version.

I would start there.

IMPORTANT!
Go to Microsoft site and download and install the latest update of Windows 7.

Normally, I would agree with that, however, I'm reading more and more where issues have been popping up with the latest updates of Windows from 7 on. The network shares issue alone would have crippled me if I was still running Windows 7 (and that's apart of the latest round of updates if I'm not mistaken).

Given the push to get everyone to Win 10, I would only update to the latest if nothing else worked (and if what how I'm reading the above is correct, I would actually uninstall and then try to reinstall only from the original disc and see if that worked first before updating the OS (especially since that version seems to have worked for 4 yrs and if nothing has changed since then), but that's me) and it was no longer going to be on the WAN.

F80M3

Custom Title
im starting to think its the latest Flexisign update....anyone know when that happened? just bad timing on my part with the computer crash too I think