• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer power nd GS6000

Rage Wraps

What kind of systems are you running if you are producing large jobs? I just have laptop running the machine right now nd it does not have the power to move the machine. It stops nd puses all the time. I hve few very large jobs to run over the next week and need to get this fixed asap.

Letterbox Mike

ethernet... through your network or straight to the laptop?

How old is the laptop? What are it's specs? I'm curious because if the printer is pausing and bogging down while it's printing it's not necessarily a computer problem but a connectivity problem. If you're problem is just slow RIP times, then yeah, get a new computer.

Rage Wraps

computer to laptop. the laptop is brand new, 64bit w7, forgot the rest of the specs, 2 gig nothing to write home bout. still thought it would be enough power.

Letterbox Mike

The computer doesn't "power" the printer. Can you describe in a little more detail exactly what the problem is? I still can't tell if you're saying the RIP times are slow or the printer is actually pausing and "hiccuping" while it's printing.

In theory a newer Win7-64 bit computer with 2gb should be sufficient for RIPping, albeit definitely not a powerhouse. But the power of the computer has absolutely nothing to do with how the RIP program feeds the printer the data. As Case said, you may need to update the printer's firmware or update your RIP.

Rage Wraps

It will make a pass and then stop, continues to do that when i do a larger file. Small files are fine.

Insignia you have a pm

Letterbox Mike

And you're sure you don't have any sort of pas delay turned on in the RIP? If not, then you don't need a new computer, that's a connection issue. Follow Case's advice first to make sure you're firmware and drivers are all up to date. If all else fails try swapping to a new cable, although I doubt that's going to solve it.

parrott

you may need 9.4.6 or higher(they have 9.5.2) for colorburst version...

9.4.6 corrected a data transfer problem from the colorburst rip to the printer....

also there is a firmware update on the Epson support website that corrects possible issues with the ethernet port.....

Epson's support page has all of this if you do not have already:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...doid=63075466&infoType=Downloads&platform=All

Case

This is what you need to do. When we updated our Colorburst it eliminated the pausing issues and allowed for faster printing. We eventually reverted back to the older Colorburst because of a loss of print quality. After we updated, it almost looked like we were printing in CMYK instead of C,LC,M,LM,Y,K,O,G. The print was not as smooth as it once was (almost looked like over spary), I guess do to the increase in speed. Very weird, but we ran lots of tests and this was only explanation we could come up with.