• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting Mutoh 1604 via Ethernet to Caldera/Mac

tomence

Has anybody connected a Mutoh 1604 to Caldera V9.2 via Ethernet. I am having problems getting response from the printer. I think I have done all the steps correct but not sure. Got IP from the computer's Ethernet and assigned the same IP to the printer except changing the last IP digits so it's not the same.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

tomence

This is how I have it connected thru this D-Link where I have my HP Latex as well.

Attachments

• dlink.jpg
    dlink.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 218

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's a switch so it should work fine. Sorry I can't really help you with the MAC side. Double check if the IP address actually saved properly because ValueJets tend to be wonky and don't always save the IP address for some reason. Then just make sure you have the printer's IP address in Caldera. Also, it would be very rare but if you have another device attached with the same IP address that would mess it up as well.

tomence

So here's what happened, I restarted mac and printer, input ip address again and it did start to print, it printed the whole job. Got happy about it. Then I turned off printer to move it, turned it on went to print again, sent a job and same happened, no response from printer and it says can't initialize LP connection 169.555.55.55(made up IP), invalid argument.