• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting my SummaD-60

tintgirl2000

I usually use my serial port to hook up my summa d60, but i moved and i cannot find the serial cable of course. I have a usb cable. Can anyone tell me if I can use this to connect to my computer. It is a printer cable. If so, I hadnt figured out the settings how to connect.Ttoo many variables. If you know how to do this, please be specific in your instructions, as I am an idiot.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hello Tintgirl2000,

If you have one of the D60-U machines you could likely make this work. You will need to download and install the USB driver first, which you can download here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/summacut-vinyl-cutter-downloads. There are two versions of the driver(10.0 & 6.4) and you will want to make sure you have the correct version installed based on the operating system you have on the computer you will be using. Once the driver is installed you can test the communication by using Summa Cutter Control(which you can download on the same page as the USB driver) and as long as the cutter communicates through Cutter Control you should be able to send jobs to the cutter.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at philj@airmark.com if you would like to pick my brain on this.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

tintgirl2000

Hello Tintgirl2000,

If you have one of the D60-U machines you could likely make this work. You will need to download and install the USB driver first, which you can download here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/summacut-vinyl-cutter-downloads. There are two versions of the driver(10.0 & 6.4) and you will want to make sure you have the correct version installed based on the operating system you have on the computer you will be using. Once the driver is installed you can test the communication by using Summa Cutter Control(which you can download on the same page as the USB driver) and as long as the cutter communicates through Cutter Control you should be able to send jobs to the cutter.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email me at philj@airmark.com if you would like to pick my brain on this.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com
OH wow I appreciate you. Can I call you tomorrow to help me if I can't figure it out tonight?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Tintgirl2000,

You should be able to use the printer cable if you opt for the USB connection. Make sure you install the correct USB driver like I mentioned, but as long as you do that you should be able to get everything to communicate properly. You can definitely give me a call or shoot me an email if you can't make it work and I would be happy to help do some troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com