• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connection settings issue

Steven 54

Table B*#ch v2.0
1614a direct connect via cat5 cable to computer, flexi cannot open port. I put the ip into the network settings nada. What am I doing wrong?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Wow.....am I understanding this right? You cant connect CAT5 directly to a computer like that . It goes through a router.

Steven 54

Table B*#ch v2.0
Got it - was working the ip address config backwards. And texas, it works ( now that my ip’s are sympatico

netsol

Didnt know you could do that. Must be using a crossover cable

tex
yers ago, you needed a crossover cable.
now devices "autonegotiate" and reverse the 2 pairs of connectors so crossover is no longer necessary

HOWEVER

ir is recommended by microsoft NOT to connect this way. it will often work, but cn drop out in the middle of print jobs and cause all sorts of problems

always best to use a network switch (or 2 ports on your router).. this eliminates all sorts of problems. we never hook up with a single cable except as a quick test

Umca

What is version of Flexi? And what is Windows version?
Because it issuable old version Flexi does not work on newest Win.