• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Considering an HP5500 Designjet - Good or bad?

Digital_Insight

Hello all

I am considering buying an HP 5500 Designjet

I mostly need something that can print posters - generally 24 x 36

I would also like to do some banner printing on 13 oz vinyl.

Looking for feedback on the HP 5500

Good? Bad? Durable? High or low maintenance?

Head life? and cost to replace the heads?

That sort of thing......

Thanks in advance.

Rob

www.digitalinsightprinting.com

wes70

They are a dependable, low maintenance workhorse. Great for posters, not for 13oz banners. Considered for indoor media.

bilge

legendary printer, but if you need to print a very high quality poster you'd better look at Z6200. It is 2 times faster and 2 times higher resolution. wes70 is right, you forget about 13oz banners

Clear Choice

Give Josh with BigFish Digital Media a call 714-369-3321.
He can answer all your questions about this printer.
He has some great prices on the inks, printheads and
substrates.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Latex all the way for those apllications you will save thousands by using latex. The 5500 is a great unit but Latex is what I reccomend. My guy promised me he would be calling you today about his used L25500

vroongraphics

I still use mine for poster printing, no complaints. I have a 5500PS using UV aqueous inks...PM me with any Q's, if you are still interested in more "user feedback"

Nine22

Great printer...super work horse! No probs...heads can last a long time! A++ id pick it over my Epson Pro 9000! :)