• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Constant Banner Head strikes

MMPLarge Format

I am trying to print a 4'x25' banner but continually get head strikes as the material bunches coming out of the rollers. I have wasted plenty of material trying to figure this out and at this point I just need answers. Can anybody help?

Dan360

Go to substrate library > select your preset and hit modify (I think it's modify) > little pencil icon next to the mode > advanced settings

dypinc

Why not just install your curing platen covers. I have to use them with most double sided banners but I don't have a problem with Forward Banner. I am sure your printing on the smooth side??

It is sticking on the curing platen? If you can get to it wipe it down with alcohol.

bannertime

Is the material bunching up under the rollers or in the curing platen? Are the wrinkles parallel to the rollers or perpendicular? Are you using the take up reel? What profile are you using?

MMPLarge Format

The wrinkles are vertical to the rollers and they begin as they come out of the rollers. Its definitely not being caused by the platen. We have been using the take up reel but stopped in hopes of being able to pull the material taught at sight of wrinkles. That hasn't worked out too well either. We've switched from matte material to gloss material and its still giving us the same issue. We lowered the input tension to see if too much tension was the problem. Testing it now.

bannertime

The wrinkles are vertical to the rollers and they begin as they come out of the rollers. Its definitely not being caused by the platen. We have been using the take up reel but stopped in hopes of being able to pull the material taught at sight of wrinkles. That hasn't worked out too well either. We've switched from matte material to gloss material and its still giving us the same issue. We lowered the input tension to see if too much tension was the problem. Testing it now.

After loading have you tried lifting the large blue lever to let the material settle before printing?

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi ! I remeber I had the same problem. Please check and low the temperature. Be sure is almost cool before you start. Let us know !!

Old Timer

I have had the same problem. same printer and material. I know you don't like to waste material but try to allow enough leader to attach to the take up to start with. if that doesn't work and all else fails, order the banner from 365. with there pricing I find it hard to justify printing them in-house anymore

MMPLarge Format

After talking with many different people and wrestling back and forth with the printer we have determined that the issue is being caused by our broken spindle lock. Because the spindle lock is not operating correctly it is causing uneven tension throughout the vinyl causing vertical wrinkling as it came out of the rollers.

Rameez

Got the head strike issue with mutoh 1617h. It becomes a nightmare for me to run banner material.on this machine. What you guys suggest I should do to avoid this head strikes.