• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Constant Streaks, Hand Prints on Flatbed (FB700)

rdm01

We keep getting streaks and hand prints of our FB700. We wear gloves, but often it is from when the material was handled by the supplier. We've tried alcohol (denatured and isopropyl), Simple Green, and a host of other items. Some will get rid of hand prints but leave streaks. Problem is exacerbated by light colors, especially blue.

We have very recently cleaned the ionizer bar thoroughly.

This seems to be more of an issue as of late, and particularly with new staff. I'm at a loss as to what to recommend to solve the issue, but am tired of watching everything from styrene to ACM and aluminum go straight into the trash.

petepaz

we just use 70 or 90% isopropyl and don't really have any issues with that. we are running a roland LEJ.
if we are not careful we will get a finger print here and there but that doesn't happen all that often.
have you mentioned this to the company you bought the printer from or the manufacturer ?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
See if your supplier has substrate available by the case. I used to buy MatraPlast in cases of 25 pcs. which eliminated hand prints for us as long as we used gloves. Also I would buy PVC and ACM with film mask on it that was removed prior to printing. Even if it costs a few dollars more/sheet, the labor savings of not having to try to clean the boards more than made up for it.

Superior_Adam

I don't use gloves when handling material as I would hate taking them on and off all day. We run a EFI 16H and 24F and don't get streaks or finger prints. We use 99% alcohol, we order 5 gallon containers from Stoner. The trick to no streaks is getting enough alcohol on the substrate to clean it good enough but not too much where it streaks. As an owner I take extra precaution in making sure materials are clean and ready for print. A standard employee does not care about poor prints or wasted material as its not their money being wasted.

flyplainsdrifta

use a 8inch bufffer with a polishing bonnet. i use that with 99% iso and it cleans most everything very well. make sure you give it time to rest and evaporate before getting it into the printer. also what others said about getting them delivereed on a skid in a case is gonna be what you want to avoid any handling prints. i feel your pain though.

Glavin_ID

We use 90% ISO with our FB700 and have never had any major issues with streaking or hand prints. Key with alcohol is to make sure that you wipe it enough that it totally evaporates. We have had issues where someone goes heavy on the alcohol and doesn't wipe it all off. You have to wipe it enough that it fully evaporates (not dries) on the surface. We have also have had static cause streaking issues in the past.

BobCrowCabbage

This statement covers 75% of the workforce in the US. Nobody will ever care as much as the owners.

I think you need some new employees...

Jun Lanon

Even if there's no fingerprints from the supplier but the user stack the sheets when it arrives or place on the flatbed, it will still have prints on them. I don't use gloves, once I place the material on the flatbed and turned on the vacuum, that's when I wipe it off with alcohol from the top to bottom. Always wipe from top to bottom.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have no intentions to offer you our products thru this channel but we have seen that problem many times and is related to ink coverage and the density of the OEM inks.
We invite you to try Nutec A50 Rig series. No finger prints, no adhesion promoters needed in any challenging media like coroplast, acrilic, even glass and ceramic. Call and we can send info about existing users in USA that solved that issue.
You don't support HP printers so how is that a solution?

Gabriel Conti

Sorry, my intention was to help. We don't offer products to end users.
Its not on our website because we will start offering the product in USA Mid July.
If you want more info contact Tubelite, Denco or any of the USA dealers.