• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Continuing job with Wasatch after paper runs out

cprvh

We run some very large print jobs that require multiple rolls of media. When I send a job to the printer and the printer runs out of paper, I cannot get it to resume printing after replacing the roll. It stops the job. I have not been able to find out how many copies of a job has completed or how many is left without counting the puddle of papers on the floor? Is there a way to have it hold that information and continue when a new roll is loaded? If not, can I push the print files out to the Windows spooler?

jkdbjj

Been a while since I had wasatch but something I remember was it depends on the connection from your printer and computer.
Is yours a serial link, usb link or cat5 cable?
Other thing is, have you looked at all wasatch offers, meaning if it has a way to help with any of that? Or is that why yours now asking elsewhere.

Just trying to get more info.

cprvh

Connected on the network...Cat5 with static ip.

I'm inquiring here because we are about a month past our six month support...trying to keep the $500 in my pocket for a bit longer.

jawdavis

Been using Wasatch for 8 years and I regret it daily, but it's what we know now so continue to use it. It handles layouts better than the others and we print everything using the Layout pane. When a print runs out at the end of a roll, we load up a new roll, and find the point in the layout where it cut off and delete everything else that printed previously, then re-rip and print. So its manually, and as far as I know this is the only way to continue where you left off.