• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour curing latex prints with Summa cutter....anyone do this?

max

Hello all, I currently own a summa cuter with opos. I am studying these new HP printer very hard here lately and would love to have one for allot of reasons. But I have heard some bad things about contour cutting from a latex printer. apparently the heat gets the vinyl distorted a bit. was wondering if anyone out there has used a summa with opus to contourcut there latex prints with success. this subject seems to be the only bad thing I hear about the HP Latex printers. Thanks for any wisdom you can offer

Christian @ 2CT Media

We don't have a summa but we contour cut our latex prints all the time. You need to adjust your settings in the RIP to prevent bowing and we activate Vertical Compensation.

AF

HP Latex with a Summa Opos cutter is the ideal combination for accuracy. High-end vinyls have zero distortion out of the printer, some really junky vinyls will tunnel and bow but there are ways to compensate in the rip. Summa has a horizontal line on its barcode that the cutter reads which picks up any small amount of bowing and corrects for it at the cutter automatically. This, in addition to quality vinyl and properly configured rip, results in very tight accuracy. I couldn't recommend the latex more, especially since you have the best cutter for it already.

max

thanks guys for your input on this.... i think i am sold now on the latex and am officially jumping on the bandwagon.....
thanks again