• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut mode in flexi 12 not letting me align reg. marks.

chuck2302

I print and cut in flexi 12, the design was in Corel draw then imported into flexi via PDF, I add registration 4pt. Marks in flexi and a contour cut to my design, I go to print and it sends the print file and cut file to my devices. I prints, I load into cutter and and go to cut the contour only and it does not give me the screen to align the registration marks, its just cutting off the origin, my cuter is just a US cutter Laser 2.
Where am I going wrong with the software?
Thank
Chuck.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Sounds like you may be doing it wrong....you don't really add the marks in Flexi, you set them in Production Manager....it will allow different types of marks. You can't just arbitrarily place your own marks in the Flexi file, it's all done in Production Manager.

chuck2302

I am selecting the contour option in flexi which gives me the contour layer then adding the registration marks, then sending the rip and print as separate jobs, then it sends the print to my mutoh and the cut file to my cutter, the only thing its not giving me is the choice of alignment when in production manager. I cant find anything for the alignment anywhere to align registration mark and all the dam videos it just pops up its own. Its suppose to let me choose align manually or by eye which I would manually if the dialog box would come up when I sent the contour rip. I cant select any of that in production manager and its full Flexi 12

chuck2302

Sounds like you may be doing it wrong....you don't really add the marks in Flexi, you set them in Production Manager....it will allow different types of marks. You can't just arbitrarily place your own marks in the Flexi file, it's all done in Production Manager.

I have added registration marks and tried doing it through flexi and production manager either way I am never given the option to align them with the cutter in any way.

eahicks

So you're saying when you go to send the cut job, this little box never pops up? If it doesn't, you have not sent a contour cut job then.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 340

chuck2302

It sends a contour cut job, itll cut but just go straight to cutting no align dialog box before. So of course its off. Its sending the cut job, the contour created under CutContour layer its the only cut sending.

chuck2302

Screen shots

Attachments

• screen 3.jpg
    screen 3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 349
  • screen shot.jpg
    screen shot.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 365
  • screen 2.jpg
    screen 2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 340

eahicks

I don't know what to tell you, the Alignment box should be popping up if you use 4 point. Something is not right but I can't see what it is without going through your process.

So you RIP/send the entire print and cut job at once, with the "Send as separate jobs" selected, correct? In turn, this sends a print file for the printer and a cut file for the plotter. Once you have printed, you then laminate (if applicable) and then put the print on the plotter. You then go back to Production Manager and hit send for the waiting cut file, correct? If that's what you do, you should have the Alignment dialog box, and from there you do the 4 point alignment.

chuck2302

Flexi support was worthless they said they didn't know the cutter. I figured out flexi driver doesn't allow this alignment box to come up for the us cutter lasers. So I used a different driver under the us cutter tab as my plotter even though it's the wrong one. Low and behold it works as it should. I was assuming the root software and machines were similar and they are enough to get this to function. Hope this helps anyone else with a us cutter laser 2.

tyhoppy

Flexi support was worthless they said they didn't know the cutter. I figured out flexi driver doesn't allow this alignment box to come up for the us cutter lasers. So I used a different driver under the us cutter tab as my plotter even though it's the wrong one. Low and behold it works as it should. I was assuming the root software and machines were similar and they are enough to get this to function. Hope this helps anyone else with a us cutter laser 2.
Can you tell me what cutter you set it up with? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.