• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Contour Cut over multiple panels

RayGun

Hey All,
I'm looking for any guidance or direction on this project.
I've got a large decal print for a trailer that will take 2 (or more) panels. (Imagine a large metal rip out graphic). Since it has complex edges that I would not want to cut by hand - I want to cut it on our Graphtec 8600-130.
I built and sized the image in Illustrator and sent the EPS to Flexi. I open the file and add a contour cut to the piece. Here's where I'm stumped - If I add the contour cut marks, wont they be split up between the two panels and therefor the Graphtec won't be able to get the proper 4 marks read to make the cut?
Is there a way to panel the graphic in Flexi, with contour cut and marks set to each panel before sending to Rasterlink to be printed?

Again, any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks again!

IND Digital Dept.

@industryprintshop
Have you tried dividing up the art into the desired panels in Illustrator? Then you can simply print and cut each panel as it's own job, and would likely help cut down on waste material.

RayGun

Have you tried dividing up the art into the desired panels in Illustrator? Then you can simply print and cut each panel as it's own job, and would likely help cut down on waste material.
Thank you. I figured that out after I hit "Print" - I was just thinking it was an option of the Flexi Production Manager to be able to send and add things like paneling and cut marks but it turns out our Mimaki doesn't even show up as a Printer option.
I know there's something missing and I'll find it and post once I do. Thanks again