• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Contour cut problem in vesa works

Jake112

using Flexi and Versa works. Sometimes my contour cut is doing multi cuts on one print.
cut pass is set to 1 and I only have one cut line but it will make 6 to 7 cut passes.

Bmhdg1976

using Flexi and Versa works. Sometimes my contour cut is doing multi cuts on one print.
cut pass is set to 1 and I only have one cut line but it will make 6 to 7 cut passes.

Following this as I have had a similar problem using AI and VersaWorks... Only has one cut path but occasionally does 2 passes on the cut.

oksigns

If you are building the file and are using shape builder and pathfinder tools, I guarantee that you have more than one cutting path going on. It happens to me from time to time.

Fioan Strachan

I am following this thread as I have 6 logos that I need to cut Contour which is normally not a problem but can't get any of them to work.

What specs is it best to give the designer so that I can overcome this problem. I add the cut contour in illustrator.

There is text and drawings within the design and nothing I do will allow me to add a stroke just to the outside of the design - the only time it does do this it leaves me with the magenta outline and no image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

oksigns

I am following this thread as I have 6 logos that I need to cut Contour which is normally not a problem but can't get any of them to work.

What specs is it best to give the designer so that I can overcome this problem. I add the cut contour in illustrator.

There is text and drawings within the design and nothing I do will allow me to add a stroke just to the outside of the design - the only time it does do this it leaves me with the magenta outline and no image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fioan, VW will not recognize spot colors if you have transparency effects like drop shadows. Because spot colors are not recognized, the contour cuts aren't recognized they themselves use specific spot colors.

So you will need to flatten the artwork in to a raster at the desired printing resolution and then take that flattened artwork back in to InDesign or Illustrator to include the cut path information.

Fioan Strachan

Fioan, VW will not recognize spot colors if you have transparency effects like drop shadows. Because spot colors are not recognized, the contour cuts aren't recognized they themselves use specific spot colors.

So you will need to flatten the artwork in to a raster at the desired printing resolution and then take that flattened artwork back in to InDesign or Illustrator to include the cut path information.
Many thanks for this reply. I will try it now

Thank you very much

Hey Jake112,

Considering all the troubleshooting performed so far, we may need to receive your file for evaluation. To start this troubleshooting process with Roland corporate tech support, we'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Modela

I have a Roland xc540 and fining the it will not contour cut some off it’s cuts completely like inside of the letter P can anyone help