• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut with Onyx and Graphtec FC9000

Mata

Think I am going crazy

I bought a new FC9000 and thought it would also be a good time to reinstall my computer.

I've just gone to print a job and it's printing the cut lines.

I went into onyx and took a look at the quickset I am using, the FC9000 is selected and I've ticked Use Cut Path Prefix. It then has a list of items such as Cut;Throu;Pounce;Kiss;Pen

Sop I went into my design program, created a spot colour with i.e. Cut and set the stroke.

I've then printed the graphic and it's printed the line and and no cut data.

Think I am going crazy as I thought I new how to set this up but now I can't seem to think.

Any ideas?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Double click the job in Onyx and on the left select the bottom menu, named colors.
Do you see the Cut spot color in that list?
If not, your file is faulty.

Mata

Perfect, I don't see the colour so at least that gives me a place to start.

Also, on another note, along the top where your printer status is, it has tabs i.e. Start print: manual, timeout, full.

I was told what Full meant but I can't think what it is now?

Mata

Thank you, the spot colour thing worked, still not sure what happened but I resaved it and it now works.

Full is opening up another can of worms then. I don't remember taking notice of it and I don't recall being told that what it was for. I'm bing told it's 173% but I have a roll of 10m media in there and only a few images taking less than 1m